Monday, November 2, 2009

Garden of Love (Part 1, 2,3 & 4)




.
Starring:
Ramsey Nouah, Tontoh Dikeh, Patience Ozorkwor, Kofi Adjololo, Daniella Chioma Okeke and others
.
Storyline:
Jenny sees her husband with another lady in a seemingly romantic manner. Her faithful husband admits the fault and apologizes but Jenny will not accept the sincere truth but bride and arrogance destroyed the love in this noble family. jenny's stubbornness turns her husband into a night crawler and a drunkard. Can they spark the light of love in this marriage once again ?
.
On the flip side Jenny's husbands parents (played by Patience Ozorkwor and Kofi Adjololo) are going thru their own marital issues - which is another story in its own. What made me enjoyed the movie was the producer or director chose to include all languages English, Igbo, and two other ghanaian languages Twi and Ewe which Kofi Adjololo spoke (all were subtitled) - i love it when other african languages are intertwine in our movies, I learn a lot from it, thats where i learnt all my few igbo and yoruba lines - from actors/tresses such as Patience, Chiwetalu Agu (the King of them all :lol), Bob Manuel Udokwu etc. Patience and ghana Kofi Adjorlolos parts were just so funny - trust aunty Patience to make you laugh your head off. I love me some Patience Ozokwor.
.
The theme was about Family, Children and Divorce.The moral of the story was for families for the sake of the children should work things out whenever problem arise and seek divorce as last results.
.
Producer/Director/Story Writer:
Richard Ezihe/
Nonso Emeka Ekwue / Richmond Ezihe
(must be a rookie, but to me he has great potential - because i loved the storyline)
.
Theme:
Infedility, Marriage, Children, Cheating, Unfaithfulness, Divorce
.
My Review:
This movie was border line comedic to me yet quite entertaining and educative about relationships (at least I learnt someting small from it - i will never use another friend and their husband situation to judge my husband and i think thats what Tontohs character did). I truly enjoyed it. Ramsey played the character of and Tontoh played his wife as. Tontohs bestfriend was played by Daniella Chioma Okeke.
.
Now my question is why the hell would my husband want to spoon feed his bestfriends girlfriend - r u stupid. Men (shakes head)
.
I personally feel the onscreen chemistry between Ramsey and Tontoh acting as a couple is just not there - like there is with Ramsey with Genevieve, Rita or Nse. The oomph was just not there for me. Tontoh seems so young acting opposite a veteran such as Ramsey, and as his wife. Maybe its just me, watch it and judge for yourself.
.
This movie reminds me of one of my favourite movies starring Saint Obi and Rita DOminic called "Wedding Fever" if you havent seen it look for it and watch it. I promise you would love it. Very well played and the chemistry between Rita and Obi were excellent. Tontoh needs to slow down or tone down on her screams when she is emphasizing a point - NOLLYWOOD FOR THE LAST TIME, SCREAMING WHEN EMPHASIZING OR GETTING YOUR POINT ACROSS DOES NOT MAKE YOU A GREAT ACTOR (same advice goes to Mike Ezerounye and Desmond Elliot) - the SCREAMS are not necessary all the time. Its becoming tiring and boring now. Do something new Tontoh - dont be so predictable. She did well in the movie except what i have just pointed out.
.
The girl who played Ramseys mistress, oh lawd, please stay away from movie locations. You not ready yet - go take some classes.
.
Though not an "A" Class movie, I'd still GO OUT AND BUY THIS MOVIE - i did not buy it but it was given to me and I am keepin it on my shelf. Genevieve, Rita or Nse woulda been perfect for this role. Tontoh did a good job with her acting, but to me it shoulda been Ramsey with someone else or Tontoh with whichever opposie sex she ahs great movie chemistry with - cos it sure was not Ramsey (to me).
.
We got a newbie on the block - lets welcome him. Dude who played Ramseys friend (i think his real name is Seun Akindele) is "Good" but not "Great" - he does have potential to be great the more experiences he gains acting, and i look forward to see him in more movies. Something about him (maybe the way he speaks) reminds me of my friend Kalu Ikwegwu. He's kinda cute too. Not too bad looking.
.
The child actors in this movie did "OK" but "NOT GREAT" - their lines were too damn rehearsed like every other nollywood child actor/tress.This reminded me to a discussion on NOLLYWOOD CHILD ACTORS I discussed a while back in May 2009 - read the thread
.
http://myafricanmoviereviews.blogspot.com/2009/05/nollywood-child-actors-vs-hollywood.html
.
There is an actress in this movie whom i have my eye on. She played Ramseys bestfriends girlfriend Rosie. Her real name is ???.
.
She has a lot of potential and i hope she works with the best to make her shine. I have good eye for talent and I would definately give her a chance if i were a producer. She first caught my eye in the movie starring with Genevieve Nnaji and Muna Obiekwe called "Faithful Betrayal" and played Gennys younger sister. On the Part 3&4 movie jacket above is the 2nd from the left - beautiful eloquent and can articulate a lines effortlessly and make her character believable- thats just my kind of actress - with a lil grooming she will do very well)
.
I heart Ramsey & Tontohs house in the movie. I love the interior design. Its just my kind of house in Africa. Not too big or huge, just small cute and nice. I may have to show this to my architect someday when i build. Very cute house. I love it. I CAN NOT STAND HUGE HOUSE IN AFRICA - "SOME" ppl build such huge homes yet cant maintain it. SIMPLICITY IS THE KEY. Whoever owns this house has great taste.
.
My Ratings:
6.5/10
I enjoyed it. It was good and funny feel good movie you can watch with the whole family. Great story line - but the production was quite flawed - for instance in some parts of the movie when the actors were speaking, it was almost like a voice over - a prime example is in some scenes with Patience, you watch Patience speaking but the voice does not belong to Patience, am like WTF.
.
ps:
Today I saw this gentleman in an african store - the store owner was playing this movie and dude came to buy something like I was but was standing there like a mumu just drooling (he had on a wedding band too :lol:) over actress Daniella Chioma Okeke, He was raving about Chioma's banging body and am like you too late dude. Like many others he thought Mercy topped it in that department but was drooling over Chioma. I told him "you must be new in watching nigerian movies" cos Mercy is not the only one- Mercy does have competition in the banging body department, so he might wanna check out Another banging body actress i havent seen much of late - nollywood Cameroonian import by name of Lyon Matte Titah who was featured in several movies including Behind Closed Doors. On the acting side Chiomas acting is just OK, you cant compare that to Mercys however she is slowly coming up.
.
On the Part 3 &4 movie jacket above Chioma is the 3rd from the left in bottom photos, CHioma was also featured in Sleek Ladies opposite Ini Edo and Rita DOminic as well as Stronger Than Pain opposite Kate Henshaw and Nkem Owoh.
.
I GOT ONE QUESTION WHY CANT MANY NOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES PRONOUNCE THE WORD "CHEAT" AND ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY "CHIT" (Tontoh saids it and so does Uche Jumbo, Omotola and others). Why is it so hard to pronouce that word CHEAT - it is CHHHHHH-EATTTTT and not CHIT or SHIT or whatever they are trying to pronounce. Practice a hundred times and you just might get it.
.
And why do we still use PLASTIC ROSES, are pure natural REAL ROSES that expensive to purchase (dont they plant real roses in naija - cmon i doubt that am sure there are real roses there) or do these production team think the audience is too stupid to notice the flowers are plastic and not real. At least if you are not going to give us real roses, dont insult us and make the characters smell it like its some pure damn roses. Cut it out.:lol:

1 comment:

Debbie said...

After I got over my sketicism at seeing Tinto on the jacket, I saw this movie and, surprisingly, liked it. As a rule, I don't really care much about Tonto's "acting" (don't get me started on how slutty, pretentious and skanky/cheap, she looks/acts - at least in movies, but I have to admit, she impressed ME in this movie. For one thing, her wardrobe was JUST BEAUTIFUL, and classy and not not slutty/thrashy like in her other movies. Further, HER SCREAMING WAS TONED DOWN SEVERAL NOTCHES. On the whole, I thought the story was good, the acting good and the production, not so bad (regardless of the voice over in the Patience/Kofi segment). Yes, what is so hard abot pronouncing CHEATING, that Nollywood actresses (Uche and Omotola are the worst offenders) pronounce it CHITTING. It's CHEEEEEEEETING! SAY IT 50 TIMES A DAY, FOR 40 DAYS - LIKE A MANTRA AND IT WOULD STICK!
BTW, while Daniella's body is nothing to sneeze at, Mercy is still the supreme nolly body queen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...